With the Mantis Q40, users no longer need to choose between a keyboard or a braille device – at the same time a student or professional is typing on the Mantis, the refreshable braille below the keyboard is providing a multimodal braille complement to the screen reader, making it easier to participate in, and succeed at, school or work.
- All-in-one, full-size QWERTY laptop-style keyboard and built-in 40-cell refreshable braille display – students and professionals no longer need to sacrifice the use of braille when using a keyboard
- Supports up to 5 Bluetooth connections at once, along with one USB connection
- Functions as another device’s keyboard when connected via USB or Bluetooth; functions as a stand-alone device when not connected
- Toggles between QWERTY and Perkins-style input.
- Supports .doc, .docx, .txt, .brf, and .brl files.
- Thin and lightweight (1.7 lbs).
- Fits in a laptop bag or backpack.
Contains the following built-in applications:
- Basic editor to function as a user’s pen and paper.
- Book reader to download and read books in braille.
- Calculator to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Clock to check the date and time.
- File manager to organize one’s work.
- HumanWare signature thumb keys and home button.
- 15 hours of battery life with rechargeable, removable batteries.
- 16 GB of internal storage.
- SD card slot and USB host port for flash drives.
- Windows 8 and above using JAWS 18+, NVDA, and Narrator
- MacOS 10.15.+ Catalina
- iOS 13.5.1+