A personal embosser that is so versatile it can keep up with the demands of the everyday user!
- 120 characters/second double-sided braille embosser
- NEW Power-Dot Braille – the strongest, most readable braille dots available on a desktop embosser
- High-resolution tactile graphics – 8 dot heights for greater detail
- Individual cut-sheet paper – for the widest selection of media!
- Emboss documents, business cards, braille labels and more!
- Includes Tiger Software Suite – braille and tactile graphics software
- Full online library of free training materials
- Local support and repair service
- Standard 1-year parts and labor warranty
- Add optional Tiger Box for wireless embossing and embossing from popular notetakers like the BrailleSense 6 or BrailleNote Touch ($295)
Get fast, reliable braille with the VP Delta 2 with Power-Dot™ Braille!
Embossing at 120 CPS, this double-sided embosser gives you Library of Congress standard braille with the highest-resolution tactile graphics. And for those wishing for an extremely strong braille dot, the NEW Power-Dot™ Braille is now available!
New “Power-Dot™ Braille”
Aiming for the ultimate in braille quality, ViewPlus collaborated with Braillo to create a braille dot on a desktop embosser like the braille dot made by a Braillo production embosser. The result of that collaboration is Power-Dot™ Braille.
Power-Dot™ Braille makes the strongest, most tactile braille dots available from any desktop braille embosser but still maintains a pleasing rounded dot shape. For the first time, it is possible to have production-quality braille on a desktop embosser.
Superior High-Resolution Tactile Graphics
The VP Columbia 2 offers the highest-resolution tactile graphics available on an embosser. With 8 different dot heights, users can create distinct tactile graphics more easily than other embossers. Even if images have intersecting lines, like graphs, readers can easily distinguish lines and grids, which can be embossed to different heights.
Braille & Tactile Graphics Software Included
Tiger Software Suite (TSS), is your complete solution for producing braille and tactile graphics. TSS makes it easy to get accurate braille translation in seconds. Insert text and graphics within familiar programs such as Word and Excel and translate with the touch of a button. TSS is great for users of all skill levels!
Compact, Light-Weight Design
And with a compact, light-weight design, the VP Columbia 2 braille embosser fits at any desk making it the ideal solutions for students, professionals or anyone who needs high-quality braille and tactile graphics at their fingertips.
Printing Mode: Single and Double-sided
Tactile Resolution: 100 DPI
Tactile Graphic Dot Heights: 7 steps for color representation
Braille Dot Heights: Adjustable in 3 heights
Paper Width: 7 – 12.5 inches (176 – 325 mm)
Paper: Cut-Sheet (stacks of 100 pages)
Paper Weight: 33 – 120 lb (90 – 200 gsm)
Connection: USB (1.1, 2.0), Ethernet
Compatibility: Windows 7, 8/8.1, 10
Height: 6.2 in (158 mm)
Width: 21.9 in (557 mm)
Depth: 10.8 in (275 mm)
Weight: 19.8 lbs (9 kg)
Recommended Temperature: 59 – 95 °F (15 – 35 °C)
Storage Temperature: -4 – 158 °F (-40 – 70 °C)
Humidity: 20 – 80% RH (non-condensing)
85 – 264 VAC
50/60 Hz (+/- 3%)
Standby: 20 W
Heavy Embossing: 200 W
Noise Level: 70 db(A)